The church is one of the largest and most beautifully proportioned churches in the County of Rutland. The plan consists of spacious nave, north and south aisles, south transept, transept aisle, chancel, south porch (originally with chamber over), and tower with spire at the west end. The north transept which had been used as a schoolroom was demolished for safety reasons in 1802. The oldest portion of the church is the tower arch, the capitals and half columns being of transitional Norman style with Nail Head ornament. The moulded base being of the later Early English style.The chancel has, single light lancet-headed windows, one each on the north and south sides, that on the south-west corner has had subsequent alteration.The tower is Early English or 13th century, and is of three stages, the first pierced with a lancet, the second blank, and the third containing a two light window in each face, deeply recessed, richly moulded, with engaged shafts once banded, exhibiting trails of dog tooth, and very bold tracery.The buttresses are set square at the angles, the staircase does not detract from the symmetrical arrangement of the belfry windows.The spire is in excellent proportion to the tower and has on each cardinal face three tiers of windows of two lights each showing the dog-tooth enrichment all under triangular-shaped crocketted heads. The lower windows have had new tracery inserted, of the curvilinear character associated with the second half of the 14th century or Decorated period.