In 1931, Mrs Emma Palmer, together with 4 of her sons, moved from Cold Overton Road to Bridge Street. Her husband, William, had been killed in the First World War and she was left to bring up the remaining six of her seven sons by herself.A workshop already existed at Bridge Street and had been used by Mr. Johnny Fawkes as a cobblers shop.Three of the brothers, Len, Fred and Harold, set up, on a part time basis, the cycle repair business, also dealing with motor bikes and cars (and anything else mechanical or electrical). About 1936 they built the little shop on the roadside which remained unchanged until the start of the 21st century.During the war the sons were all away on military service or essential war work and Mrs Emma Palmer remained in the house with Harold‘s wife, Harriet, and their two children, Jean (who lives there now) and Barbara. Fred had set up a charger for accumulators and Harriet kept this going throughout the war. (Accumulators were 2v rechargeable glass enclosed lead acid batteries used for wireless sets - if you don‘t remember the old days!)After the war Harold returned and kept the cycle repair business going on a part time basis while working at the Brewery, and later keeping the grocery shop in Well Street (which recently closed). Eventually he retired but still maintained the cycle repairs and paraffin sales until his death at the beginning of 1986.Jean, his daughter, and her husband Roland, maintained the cycle business and paraffin sales, still on a part time basis until the start of the 21st century.